Balance disorders can strike at any time and cause serious strife to a person’s lifestyle, a balance disorder can lead to more serious conditions such as injuries from falls and makes it difficult to enjoy a normal life. However, there is help to treat balance disorders so that a person can return to their daily life with little to no resounding issues after treatment.
Balance Disorder Basics
A balance disorder can easily be described as an event when one feels unbalanced or dizzy, even if the individual is completely still. Sometimes balance disorders can be severe enough to the point whereas the individual cannot stand (or move) at all. Other symptoms of balance disorders can include:
- Changes in blood pressure and heart rate
Many of these symptoms can disappear and re-appear over long or short term periods of time.
Balance Disorder Causes
A balance disorder can be the result of many different causes. Such causes can be:
- Certain medications
- Disorders disrupting the flow of blood to the brain/inner ear
- Head injury
Although there’s a wide range of causes for balance disorders, the symptoms remain the same.
Common Types of Balance Disorders
Some of the common balance disorders are as follows:
- Labyrinthitis – An infection/inflammation in the inner ear.
- Vestibular Neuronitis – Commonly viral, it’s an infection of the vestibular nerve.
- Meniere’s Disease – This inner ear fluid balance disorder can cause episodes of vertigo.
- Anxiety – Anxiety an cause disruption to the vestibular nerve.
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo – Intense vertigo that can be instigated by a sudden movement of the head.
Thankfully, Dr. Camysha Wright is here if one needs treatment for vertigo in Plantation FL. Dr. Wright and her staff is on hand to not only correct your situation, but ensure that you have little to no balance or vertigo issues in the future. So if you plan on receiving vertigo treatment in Plantation FL from the best staff in the area, please call us for an appointment at (954) 368-8519.